Pittencrieff House Museum
Pittencrieff House dates from the seventeenth century and was a residential home for nearly 300 years, until Andrew Carnegie bought the house and estate and gifted the Park to the people of his hometown, Dunfermline, in 1903.
On the ground floor, the ‘Magic of the Glen’ tells the story of the formation of the park and its natural history, including fossils, dinosaurs and wildlife. The exhibition also features photographs and a 3D interactive model, highlighting the geographical features of The Glen. Children will enjoy hunting for Calum the Cartoon Cockroach, whose ancestors lived at the time when coal was still growing in tropical swamps.
The Park offers beautiful gardens and pathways, a large greenhouse and playgrounds for the children.
|Address: Pittencrieff Park, Dunfermline, Fife, KY12 8QH|
|Tel: +44 (0)1383 722 935|
Open daily April - September 11:00 - 17:00 October - March 11:00 - 16:00